The Oregon Academy of Family Physicians supports family physicians in their pursuit of optimal health for the people of Oregon.
Explore Our Resources:
- Learn more about health reform efforts in Oregon. Tools to help you and your patients.
- Attend an upcoming conference or Continuing Medical Education event.
- Explore our publication and the recent edition of our quarterly magazine.
- Apply to a scholarship for medical students.
- Find a new job or volunteer position.
- Join ShareCenter, our online collaborative for OAFP members.
Learn more about becoming a member.
Get contact information for a fellow OAFP or AAFP member.
SAM Study Hall – Dec. 13, 2014. Take and pass the written exam and the clinical assessment for the ASTHMA Self Assessment Module. The Study Hall will be in Portland at the Historic Overlook House, 8:30 to 12:30. Registration form.
CALLING ALL NEW PHYSICIANS! Would you like to get together with some of your peers to share stories and learn from each other? The OAFP will be facilitating a get together on Friday night, December 12th. Watch your e-mail for details!
Have some of your patients been assigned the wrong CCO?
Here is a point of care solution. Thanks to the OAFP and lots of other advocates, there is now a form that you and your patient fill out, fax or e-mail to OHA and the CCO is switched within the week. Follow this link for the form and instructions.
UPDATE: The system has been overwhelmed with the volume of these requests. New Instructions Below:
- If a patient needs to change the CCO to obtain same-day urgent or emergent appointments, please encourage the patient to contact directly OHA’s Client Services Unit at 1-800-273-0557. Call waiting times are down to 15 min.
- If you are following up on a Provider CCO Request Change Form that has been submitted, please e-mail: CCO.ChangeRequest@state.or.us.
New Oregon Loan Repayment Program:
The State of Oregon has committed 4 million dollars in loan repayment to be paid over the next 2 years. Click here for more information.
Need help with practice transformation? Visit this AAFP resource! Delta Exchange is now free to OAFP members.
The OAFP welcomes all physicians, members and patients of every color, language, ethnicity, origin, age, ability, sexual orientation, gender expression, marital status, and life situation. Our intention is to provide excellent care to all citizens of Oregon. We understand that members of the above listed communities have unique health care challenges and to this end we support ongoing education that directly addresses of health related issues of each of these communities.