The Oregon Academy of Family Physicians supports family physicians in their pursuit of optimal health for the people of Oregon.
Explore Our Resources:
- Learn more about health reform efforts in Oregon. Tools to help you and your patients.
- Attend an upcoming conference or Continuing Medical Education event.
- Explore our publication and the recent edition of our quarterly magazine.
- Apply to a scholarship for medical students.
- Find a new job or volunteer position.
CPC + -What it is and why it is important.
Great News for Oregon! We have been chosen to participate in the Comprehensive Primary Care Plus, a new initiative from CMS that rewards practices for providing comprehensive services – many that you are already doing.
- significantly increases reimbursement
- makes generous up-front payments available
- pays for many activities that you perform today for free
- PLUS, perhaps the best news, this qualifies as an Advanced Payment Model and exempts you from MACRA participation!
We have collected many resources to help you.
The AAFP is accepting nominations for their Commissions. Commission members are appointed by the AAFP Board of Directors to deliberate on issues within their scope of work, referrals from within the AAFP, and new strategic ideas. Commissions then make recommendations to the Board regarding policy, development of new programs and projects, improvements to current activities, and potential discontinuation of activities.
OAFP members who have served on AAFP Commissions have found their time to be well spent and the and the experience worthwhile and interesting.
Learn more about becoming a member. Pay your dues on-line here:
Get contact information for a fellow OAFP or AAFP member.
Health is Primary! Check out the new campaign to champion family physicians at the forefront of health reform. This effort joins forces with employers, policymakers, community leaders and health advocates to build a primary care system that reflects the values of family medicine, puts patients at the center of their care, and improves the health of all Americans.
Need help with practice transformation? Visit this AAFP resource! Delta Exchange is now free to OAFP members.
The OAFP welcomes all physicians, members and patients of every color, language, ethnicity, origin, age, ability, sexual orientation, gender expression, marital status, and life situation. Our intention is to provide excellent care to all citizens of Oregon. We understand that members of the above listed communities have unique health care challenges and to this end we support ongoing education that directly addresses of health related issues of each of these communities.